The rollers that has been described are those used for the transportation of bulk products by conveyor belts. Depending on how they are used, we have named them in the following way:
- Carrying rollers Rollers that support the part of the belt that transports the material. These rollers can give the belt a trough-shape, either in « V » or flat.
- Impact rollers Rollers that support the belt at the transporters loading points. These rollers generally give the belt a trough-shape.
- Return rollers or inferior rollers These are rollers that maintain the return strand of the load carrying belt. In general, the side used for this is in contact with the rollers. The return can be made with a flat or “V” shaped belt to provide a better centering.
- Anti-clogging rollers These rollers are covered with rings or sheaths of rubber where the aim is to prevent sticking or clogging of transported products.
- Bending rollers Rollers that impose an inclined change on the belt.
- Control rollers Rollers situated close to the drums with the aim of raising the contact surface between the latter and the belt.